The Community Redevelopment Agency and City Councilman Nate Holden have scheduled a series of public meetings this week to generate ideas for revitalizing the Midtown Shopping Center and several Mid-City commercial corridors.
At the meetings, officials from the redevelopment agency will discuss the role and duties of seven residents advisory committees recently appointed by Holden to develop strategies for boosting business in the targeted areas.
The meeting schedule, by study area, is:
* Washington Boulevard between Western Avenue and Crenshaw Boulevard and West and Redondo boulevards; 10 a.m. Monday, Center for Enriched Studies, room 103, 5931 W. 18th St.
* Adams Boulevard between Victoria and Fairfax avenues; 2 p.m. Monday, Center for Enriched Studies, room 103.
* Midtown Shopping Center; 10 a.m. Tuesday, Saturn Street School library, 5360 Saturn St.
* Pico Boulevard from La Brea to Fairfax avenues; 1 p.m. Tuesday, Saturn Street School library.
* Pico Boulevard from Western Avenue to Plymouth Boulevard; 3 p.m. Tuesday, Saturn Street School library.
* Crenshaw Boulevard between the Santa Monica Freeway and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard; 10 a.m. Wednesday, Continental Cable TV, 2900 Crenshaw Blvd.
* Jefferson Boulevard between 6th and Cochran avenues; 2 p.m. Wednesday, Continental Cable TV.
Information: (213) 766-9830.