Saturday is New Year’s Day. Among the agencies affected:
* Mail: All post offices will be closed and no mail will be delivered.
* Banks: Most banks, savings and loans, stocks and commodity exchanges will be closed.
* Courts: All courts will be closed.
* Schools: Most public schools in Los Angeles County--including schools in the L.A. Unified School District--are closed until Jan. 3.
* Government: All federal, state, county and municipal offices--except those providing emergency services--will be closed.