It wouldn't be summer without fireworks on the Fourth of July. Here's a county-by-county look at what you can see around Independence Day in the Southland.
LOS ANGELES COUNTY
* The Captain and Tennille headline the Tri-City Chamber's annual family day. Food booths, children's rides and games, entertainment and fireworks. Cal State Northridge. Gates open at 2 p.m. Admission, $12; children 5-11 and seniors, $7. Parking $3.
* Patti LuPone, who found herself in the midst of some fireworks earlier in the year, performs with the L.A. Philharmonic in its annual fireworks program, "America the Beautiful," July 2-4 at Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood. $3-$55. * The Doo Wah Riders headline the annual Woodland Hills Chamber of Commerce extravaganza. Sky divers, Li-Ming Gymnastics, Rock Around the Clock show and Outlaw Dancers. Pierce College Stadium, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills. Show opens 5:30 p.m. $12; children under 12, $10 ($9 pre-sale, children $7). Parking $5.
* Fireworks at the Rose Bowl will be put on by the World Cup USA '94 this year. Ground and air displays. 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena. (818) 577-3100.
* "Kaboom," the largest fireworks display in the Pomona Valley, returns to the L.A. Fairplex Grandstand Arena, 1101 W. McKinley Ave. Chili cook-off, pony rides, vintage car show. Adults, $5-$10; children 6-12, $3-$6. Gates open at 2 p.m. Parking $4.
* San Fernando Parks & Recreation Department hosts fireworks at San Fernando Recreation Park, 208 Park Ave., San Fernando.
* The city of Lancaster hosts an all-day family Fourth of July at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds, 155 E. Ave. I, Lancaster. Free.
* Long Beach Firefighters Memorial Assn.'s annual fireworks display. Long Beach Veterans Stadium, 5000 Lew Davis Drive. Music, canine demonstrations. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Admission: $6; 11 and under, $4; seniors, $5. No coolers.
* Almansor Park in Alhambra is the site of a festival and concert followed by fireworks. 800 S. Almansor St., 3-9 p.m. Free.
* Watch fireworks explode over Long Beach Harbor from the Queen Mary. Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Fourth of July weekend. On board $5; parking, $5.
* Fourth of July festivities planned for Shoreline Park, Long Beach, include music, street performers, entertainment. 419 Shoreline Village Drive.
* Six Flags Magic Mountain begins "Batman Nights: A Laser and Fireworks Extravaganza" on June 9, but a patriotic fireworks show, included with park admission, will be held all Fourth of July Weekend. Valencia.
* Fireworks over Avalon Bay, Catalina Island. Dinner-dance at Casino Ballroom. At the other end of Catalina Island, Two Harbors is also hosting a fireworks display.
* Fireworks are scheduled at Culver City High School, 4401 Elenda St., Culver City Exchange Club event. Music, picnic grounds. Free.
* "Celebrate America" is an evening of music, children's rides and fireworks at Santa Monica City College, 1900 Pico Blvd., 5-9 p.m. Free.
* A Newhall Fourth of July festival begins with a parade down Main Street, 10 a.m., from William S. Hart Park and ends at Newhall Park. Arts and crafts, food, games and music, noon-4 p.m. No fireworks.
* The four-day Huntington Beach Fourth of July Parade and Country Fair takes place at Worthy Park on July 1-4. Food, exhibits, entertainment. Fireworks at Huntington Beach High School Stadium, Main Street and Yorktown Avenue. Fireworks: $5. Fair $2; ages 6-12, $1.
* Fireworks in Fullerton are scheduled at the high school stadium, Lemon Street and Berkeley Avenue. $4; seniors $3; under 12, $2.
* Arts and crafts, food, entertainment and fireworks will fill Central Park, California City Boulevard in California City (about 15 miles outside of Mojave, off California 14). Free.
* Family day of food, crafts and entertainment, 3-10 p.m., Riverside Community College. Fireworks display from Mt. Rubidoux (view from the college, at 4800 Magnolia Ave., or down 7th Street). Free.
* Fireworks display on July 3 at Palm Springs High School football field, Ramone Road and Farrell Ave. Free. Gates open at 5 p.m., concessions, music. (619) 325-2526.
* Palm Desert will have fireworks July 4 at College of the Desert, San Pablo and Fred Waring Drive. Music and food at 6:30 p.m. Free.
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY
* Parade down State Street at noon, arts and crafts at the Mission. Symphony concert followed by Fireworks.
* An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July is planned in Goleta. No fireworks. Free. 304 Los Carneros Road. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
* The Del Mar Fair ends with a bang July 4, with a fireworks show at its grandstand (included in fair admission). A patriotic performance by a military band will precede the fireworks. Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar.
* City street fair goes for eight blocks. Entertainment. Free. Fireworks at Ventura College, food and games. Gates open 6 p.m. $8; children, $6.
* Oxnard plans a 30-minute fireworks show at Oxnard High School, H and 5th streets. Entertainment, food booths, 6-10 p.m. Adults, $5; seniors and children, $3.
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
* Fireworks are planned for the National Orange Show Fairgrounds, 689 S. E St., San Bernardino.