Satellite Technology Management Names Chief Operating Officer
* Michael Lindsay has been appointed to the newly created position of chief operating officer for Satellite Technology Management Inc., a Costa Mesa manufacturer of satellite and radio communications products. He was formerly chief operating officer of NuMedia Corp., a multimedia software developer. Before joining NuMedia, Lindsey was president of Dowty Communications, a data communications equipment manufacturer.
* Daniel Zukowski has joined the Santa Ana advertising and public relations agency of Roberts, Mealer & Co. as director of consumer public relations and public relations account manager. He was previously an account supervisor at Freeman/McCue.
* Mario Scubla has been appointed to head corporate information systems for Furon Co., a Laguna Niguel polymer manufacturer. Scubla joined Furon from Magnetek Inc. in Los Angeles, where he served as corporate M.I.S. director, with additional responsibilities that included procurement and serving as managing director of an Italian affiliate. Before that he was with Smith International and Martin Marietta.
* Bruce Channing and John Draper have joined the board of directors of Saddleback Memorial Foundation, the fund-raising arm of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. Channing is the city manager of Laguna Hills, and Draper is a certified financial planner with the investment company Smith Barney.
* Peter D. Behrendt has been elected to the board of directors of Western Digital Corp., an Irvine computer products company. Behrendt is chairman, president and chief executive of Exabyte Corp., a tape storage products manufacturer in Boulder, Colo. He succeeds Jack Peltason, president of the University of California system, who resigned at the end of June, citing the press of duties at the university system.
* Henri A. Cuddihy has been appointed medical director of Compremier, PacifiCare Health Systems’ HMO for workers’ compensation services in Cypress. His experience in occupational medicine includes serving on the advisory committee for the state Official Medical Fee Schedule and the Health Care Organization Data Advisory Board, and medical director of the Foothill Industrial Medical Clinics in Irwindale and El Monte.
* Joshua D.J. Sharfman has joined Digitalk Inc., a Santa Ana provider of computer programming tools, as vice president of development. He previously spent nine years at Dassault Systemes, most recently as executive vice president of research and development.
* Geoffrey M. Knoerzer has been appointed to the newly created position of vice president of operations at Subscriber Computing Inc., a Laguna Hills company that provides software and consulting services for personal communications carriers. He was formerly development director for Cincinnati Bell Information Systems’ Chicago operations, and before that, director and general manager of Comptech, its paging software division in Seattle.
* Lisa Rehnborg has been appointed director of corporate culture and human resources for Nutrilite Products Inc. in Buena Park, a subsidiary of Amway Corp. She has been with the company for eight years, most recently as manager of marketing and sales services.
* Manuel J. Torrez has joined Orange National Bank as vice president and manager of its east Orange office. Previously, he was vice president and manager of Eldorado Bank’s Orange office. Before joining Eldorado, Torrez was vice president and manager of Bank of America’s Anaheim commercial business banking department.