FULLERTON : 7 Appointed to Panel of Financial Advisers
Seven residents have been appointed to serve on the newly created Financial Advisory Committee.
The committee will begin meeting twice a month to review the city’s financial condition and make recommendations on how to balance the 1995-96 and 1996-97 budgets, which are expected to face $2.1 million and $3.6 million deficits, respectively.
Committee members are:
* Arnold Miller, president of Technology Strategy Corp., chairman of the Cal State Fullerton Advisory Board and audit committee chairman of Merisel.
* Fred Mason, an attorney, member of the Cal State Fullerton Advisory Board and the Chamber of Commerce’s 1994 “Man of the Year.”
* Irvin C. Chapman, a former mayor whose father, Charles C. Chapman, was Fullerton’s first mayor.
* John Young, a project engineer for Hughes Aircraft Co.
* Maynard M. Kambak, president of Kambak Consulting, a health care and retirement housing service.
* Raymond J. Gagnon, president and chief executive officer of Cerritos Valley Bank.
* James B. Lehey, president and chief operations officer of Sensotron Inc.
Alternate Steven G. Belasco, a self-employed marketing consultant, also was appointed to the committee.
Mayor A.B. (Buck) Catlin and Councilwoman Julie Sa interviewed about 15 committee candidates and the city council made its final choice Tuesday.
The committee is expected to come up with recommendations on the city budget for the council by January.