A fire in a duplex Wednesday morning damaged both units, displacing five residents but injuring no one.
Investigators say the cause of the blaze in the 300 block of East Orangewood Avenue may have been a malfunctioning dryer in a garage attached to the units.
The fire began about 9 a.m. and spread quickly through the attics of both units. Damaged was estimated at $30,000 to the building and $40,000 to contents, Battalion Chief Benny Ramirez said.
Residents in one unit were home when the fire started but got out, Ramirez said. No one was home at the other unit, he said.
Firefighters controlled the blaze in about 15 minutes, Ramirez said.