To make the most out of an outing to a farmers market, bring:
* CASH: Credit cards are not accepted at most farmers markets, and many farmers do not take checks. Stick with small denominations, $20 and less.
* CART OR WAGON: You may buy more than you can carry.
* BAGS: Sturdy cloth sacks are not only stronger and can hold more than the flimsy plastic bags the farmers will offer, but are better for the environment.
* COMFORTABLE SHOES: You’re likely to spend an hour or two on your feet.
* AN UMBRELLA: If it’s raining. Markets are held rain or shine.