The ’95-96 Season:
* Sept. 16-23: Bizet’s “Carmen”: Conducted by Mark Gibson; directed by Dejan Miladinovic; Washington Opera production designed by Lennart Mork, with Graciela Araya/Irina Mishura (Carmen) and Gegam Gregorian/Eduardo Villa (Don Jose); Micaela and Escamillo to be named.
* Jan. 20-Feb. 4: Verdi’s “Otello”: Conducted by Steven Mercurio; directed by Mario Corradi; Washington Opera production designed by Zack Brown; with Vladimir Atlantov (Otello), Kallen Esperian (Desdemona) and Robert McFarland (Iago).
* March 9-30: Rossini’s “Il Barbiere di Siviglia”: Conductor to be named; directed by Dorothy Danner; New York City Opera production designed by Desmond Heeley; Earle Patriarco (Figaro), Vivica Genaux (Rosina) and Thomas Hammons (Dr. Bartolo); Almaviva to be named.
* March 16-31: Marc Blizstein’s “Regina”: Conducted by John Mauceri; director and designer to be named, with Carol Neblett as Regina.
* May 24 and 25: Gluck’s “Orfeo ed Euridice”: Conducted by Christopher Hogwood; directed and choreographed by Mark Morris; sets by Adrianne Lobel; costumes by Martin Pakledinaz, with Michael Chance (Orfeo), Dana Hanchard (Euridice), Christine Brandes (Amor); Handel and Haydn Society Orchestra and Chorus. A non-subscription event co-sponsored by the Orange County Philharmonic Society.
All performances will be at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa. Ticket prices will remain the same as this season: subscriptions, available April 1, from $52 to $300; individual operas, $18 to $85. Ticket prices for “Orfeo” only: $10 to $100. (714) 979-9000.