Producer Jeff Apple, co-founder of the interactive television start-up daVinci Time & Space, is leaving the company to pursue other new-media ventures and to develop a slate of motion pictures.
He will maintain a significant equity position in the company. Apple produced the Columbia hit "In the Line of Fire" starring Clint Eastwood.
* Melissa Rooker was named director of development at Clint Eastwood's Malpaso Productions, based at the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank.
* Soundtrack production whiz Jolene Cherry is expected to take over soon as general manager of Atlantic Records' West Coast office, sources said.
Cherry, who produced Atlantic's 1994 "The Crow" soundtrack, has been courted heavily over the past few weeks to succeed departing general manager Ron Shapiro, who will move to New York in April, where he will take over as senior vice president and general manager of the Time Warner-owned firm.
* Pierre Sissmann, president of Walt Disney Co.-France, has been named to head the European, Middle Eastern and African regions for Disney's consumer products division. He succeeds Dennis Hightower, who has been named Disney's president of television and telecommunications.
* Dick Clark Productions named Thomas F. Frank vice president of television programming. He is responsible for network and syndicated television program development, marketing and production.
* Barry Langdon has been promoted to vice president of East Coast publicity at Samuel Goldwyn Co.
* Genesis Entertainment named Randy Douthit executive producer of "The Mark Walberg Show." The program is scheduled to go on the air in September.
* Donna Landau has been appointed vice president of creative services for MTM Worldwide Distribution.
* Sherry Gunther has been named senior vice president of production for Hanna-Barbera Cartoons.
* Time Warner has named Richard J. Bressler chief financial officer.
* MTV: Music Television's production department has promoted Carol Donovan to vice president for music and special events and has appointed Salli Frattini to the new position of vice president and executive in charge of production.
* Jeri Heiden has joined A&M; Records as senior vice president of creative services.
* Jim Henson Productions has announced two promotions. Angus Fletcher has been named vice president of international development and co-production, and Judy Guarino has been appointed vice president for international licensing.
* Ted Kryczko is the new director of product development at Walt Disney Records.
* Permut Presentations has named Andrew M. Gunn vice president of production.
* Patricia F. Mayer has been named vice president of labor relations at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.