There's a full palette of art classes offered for children this spring at many area museums. Here is a sampling:
* The J. Paul Getty Museum. "Gold Graffiti," April 8 and April 16, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 2 to 3:30 p.m.; May 6 and May 14, 10:30 a.m. to noon. Family workshop on painted and gilded sculpture from 17th-Century Spain. 17985 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu. For enrollment and reservations, call (310) 459-7611, Ext. 300.
* Los Angeles Children's Museum. Saturdays and Sundays, noon and 2 p.m. "Children's Art Loft" projects included in $5 museum admission. For older students, the museum offers the Ryman Program, a special art class for high school students. 310 N. Main St., Los Angeles. For more information, call (213) 687-8800.
* Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Five-week children's art sessions on Saturdays and Sundays for ages 3 1/2 to 12 years. 5905 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles. For schedule and prices, call (213) 857-6512.
* The Museum of Contemporary Art. Workshops for families with children 7 to 13. Cy Twombley Retrospective on April 30, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. 250 S. Grand Ave., Los Angeles. Programs are free, but reservations are required; call (213) 621-1751.
* UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History. Saturdays, April 8 and 22, noon to 2 p.m. or 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. "Papel Picado, the Mexican Art of Paper-Cutting" taught by artist Olga Ponce Furginson. For families with children 7 to 12. $5 per child; reservations required. For more information, call (310) 206-5663.