Savoy Pictures named Alan Sokol senior vice president in charge of the film distributor's department of business affairs.
Sokol has been a partner at the Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Marmaro law firm, and before that worked for the law firm of Wyman, Bautzer, Kuchel & Silbert.
In addition to heading business affairs, Sokol will consult on long-range planning issues with Savoy Pictures President Robert N. Fried.
* Sally Suchil has joined Spelling Entertainment Group as senior vice president, general counsel and secretary. The ex-Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer executive will be responsible for corporate legal, investor relations and labor affairs at the company.
* George Cheeks was named counsel at Castle Rock Entertainment.
* Several key appointments were announced at Virgin Interactive Entertainment in Irvine. Ken Tannenbaum was appointed national sales director, Sam Levin was named original equipment manufacturer and licensing director, and Dan Rogers was appointed marketing director.
* Nanscy Neiman, executive vice president and publisher of Warner Books, has resigned after 15 years with the company.
* Todd Garner, Jordi Ros and Christina Steinberg, production directors with Touchstone Pictures, have been promoted to vice presidents in charge of production.
* Scott Wilson has joined Paul Kohner Inc. as a talent agent.
* Fox Children's Network has named Rich Vokulich senior vice president of business affairs.