Metric Construction Co. of Thousand Oaks won a $5.7-million contract from the Navy for the maintenance of an environmental laboratory on the Navy Public Works Center in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
* ISX Corp. of Westlake Village won a $5.4-million contract from Griffiss Air Force Base in New York for research and development of advanced technology.
* Hercules Painting & Decorating Inc. of Northridge won a $3-million contract from the Navy in San Diego for the removal of paint containing lead.
* Sergeant's Mechanical Systems Inc. of Oxnard won a $1.9-million contract from the Navy in San Bruno for the upgrading of the water processing system at the Naval Construction Battalion Center.
* Universal Asphalt of Santa Fe Springs won a $1.8-million contract from the Navy in Port Hueneme for construction services.
* Castle Precision Industries of Sylmar won a $1.2-million contract from Hill Air Force Base in Utah for retractable nose landing gear struts.
* OM Construction of Glendale won a $707,000 contract from the Postal Service in Memphis, Tenn., for maintenance services.
* Rockwell International Corp. Science Center of Thousand Oaks won a $596,193 contract from New York's Griffiss Air Force Base for research and development.
* Reliable Floor Covering of Thousand Oaks won a $570,436 contract from the Navy in Port Hueneme for the removal of carpet and resilient flooring.
* Whittaker Corp.'s Controls Division of North Hollywood won a $400,000 contract from Hill Air Force Base for valves. It also won a $128,142 contract from Kelly Air Force Base for engine accessories.
* Intertex General Contractors Inc. of Valencia won a $397,601 contract from NASA's Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, Calif., for rehabilitation services for the fire-suppression system.
* Litton Guidance & Control Systems of Northridge won a $286,396 contract from the Navy for display controls.
* THI Group Inc. of Ventura won a $215,377 contract from the Navy in Port Hueneme for construction of a hot-water boiler system.
* Crane Corp. of Burbank won a $140,066 contract from the Defense Construction Supply Center in Columbus, Ohio, for aircraft components and accessories.
* Hydraulics International Inc. of Chatsworth won a $125,550 contract from the Army for maintenance and repair-shop equipment.
* Crow Creek Construction Inc. of Ventura won a $115,934 contract from the Navy in Point Mugu for maintenance services.
* Turf Construction Inc. of Camarillo has been awarded a $39,000 contract by Ventura County to build a pressure-reducing station and pipelines in Moorpark.