* Russell S. Hardt has been appointed executive vice president and director of marketing for the Southern California operation of Asset Management Consultants Inc. in Newport Beach. He will be responsible for business development and marketing for clients in Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego. Hardt was formerly a senior asset manager at Western Federal Savings, and before that, a vice president with the Carlson Co., where he managed the special assets division.
* Michael W. Wright has been named general manager of the Southern California and Nevada region for Dames & Moore, engineering and environmental consultants. He will be based out of the company’s San Diego and Santa Ana offices. Wright succeeds William D. Webb, who was appointed senior vice president and manager of the Eastern North America division. Wright has been involved in the environmental industry as a scientist, project manager and senior executive for more than 23 years, the last five as an independent consultant in water/waste water management, environmental engineering and remedial construction.
* Kim Carde has been appointed Northern Orange area manager for TPM Staffing Services Inc. in Irvine. She joined the company last year and has been a staffing representative, supervisor and office manager.
* Michael A. Altstatt has joined All Seals Inc. in Santa Ana as national sales manager. He was previously responsible for Western sales at the Automatic Answer in San Juan Capistrano and was director of marketing for the Bank of Westminster.
* Dick Torre has been named to the Dean’s Advisory Board of the UCI Graduate School of Management. He is a principal of Garte Torre Capital Markets in Irvine.
* Robert J. Close has joined the Irvine office of CRSS Constructors Inc. as director of transportation programs. He will be responsible for business development and project management on transportation projects in Southern California and the Western United States. Close has 24 years of experience in managing transportation design, planning, and construction administration projects.
* Linda Garbett has been appointed director of account services for Bauer & Associates, a Newport Beach marketing communications firm. Her past experience includes vice president of client services at Advantage Plus Marketing Group and vice president and account supervisor at Galusha & Associates.
* The Regional Center of Orange County, a nonprofit organization that provides services to residents with developmental disabilities and contracts with more than 3,100 small businesses in Orange County, has appointed four managers to head its newly created service areas. They are: Rosalinda Lopez, East area manager; Larry Landauer, North area manager; Ann McClellan-Garcia, South area manager; and Keli Radford, West area manager.
* Max Miller has joined ProSoft Development Inc. in Buena Park as president and general manager of its newly formed subsidiary, ProWare Inc. He will oversee the development of Internet and Intranet technology courseware, as well as distant learning curriculum. Miller previously owned and operated his own courseware company, Applied Analytics Inc., and worked as a systems engineer for AT&T; Bell Labs.
* Rick G. Mayo has joined McGinn Actuaries Ltd. in Anaheim to provide actuarial and consulting services to the retirement programs of clients. He was formerly with W.F. Corroon in San Diego, where he directed the national practice in defined contribution retirement plans. Mayo has also been with the Wyatt Co., Johnson & Higgins and William M. Mercer.
* Steven D. Bromberg has been named a partner in KPMG Peat Marwick LLP. He is an assurance partner in the Orange County office’s health care and life sciences line of business.
* Chad Kyle has been appointed district manager for Lincoln Residential Services’ Southern California region. In his new position, he is responsible for management of a nine-project portfolio throughout the Inland Empire. Kyle, who joined the company in 1991, has been director of construction and maintenance and a district property manager. In addition, David Sonke was named director of maintenance and construction. Before joining the company, he was with Lewis Homes Management Corp., and prior to that, owned and operated Aloha Properties and Aloha Property Maintenance. Jana Sunderland has been appointed a district property manager and will direct a portfolio in central and southern Orange County. She joined Lincoln from Jupiter Western National, where she was area manager.
* William A. Shaw has joined Insco/Dico Group, an Irvine surety bond company, as senior marketing representative. He was previously marketing manager for Inter-Continental Insurance Services in Los Angeles. Shaw also spent 10 years with Transamerica Insurance Co. and seven years with Avco Insurance Services and its affiliated Balboa Insurance Co.
* David A. Frosh has been named president of CAM Data Systems, a Fountain Valley provider of point-of-sale and inventory management systems. He succeeds Geoffrey Knapp, who remains as chairman and chief executive. Frosh was previously regional vice president of sales for Automatic Data Processing Inc. in Roseland, N.J., and will continue to serve as a director of that company.
* F. Terry Eger has been elected a director of Smith Micro Software Inc. in Aliso Viejo. Eger is a private investor and an advisor to high-technology companies. He has also been vice president of sales for Cisco Systems, and held positions with Wang Laboratories and IBM.
* Donald R. Farrow has been appointed vice president of sales and support for StarBase Corp. in Irvine. He was previously vice president of sales for Symantec, director of channel marketing for Wyse Technology and director of Western regional sales for Novell.
* Clare Hendrick has been named senior vice president of professional services for Regency Health Services Inc. in Tustin. She was formerly vice president of nursing at Beverly Health & Rehabilitation Services Inc., a subsidiary of Beverly Enterprises Inc.
* Larry Leis has been appointed to the new position of vice president of development for El Pollo Loco in Irvine. He has overall responsibility for El Pollo Loco’s new franchise development department, which includes new restaurant construction, real estate, franchise sales and facilities. Leis was formerly director of construction services. He joined El Pollo Loco in 1983 as director of design and construction, and was director of new construction for El Pollo Loco and Denny’s Western U.S. restaurants, both owned and operated by Flagstar Companies Inc., from 1989 to 1993. In addition, Joe Herrera has been named vice president of marketing, responsible for strategic market planning and execution for more than 240 El Pollo Loco company and franchise restaurants. Herrera was previously marketing director for Denny’s restaurants in the Western United States and Canada.
* Henry Montgomery has been appointed president and chief executive of New Media Corp., an Irvine developer of portable computer products. Montgomery has been acting as New Media’s interim president since last September. Before that, he was an advisor to the company. Montgomery is also on the company’s board of directors.
* Jeff Christensen has been named president of Zee Service Inc., an Irvine provider of workplace first aid and safety products, training and services and a subsidiary of McKesson Corp. He succeeds Dan Taylor, who will serve as chairman until 1997 when his retirement becomes official. Christensen was previously division vice president for Denny’s. He has also worked at Pizza Hut, Norwest Corp., Pillsbury Co. and Procter and Gamble.
* Garry L. Donesky has been appointed executive vice president of U.S. Lung Centers Inc., an Anaheim health care organization specializing in the treatment of emphysema. He was previously chief executive of Thompson Memorial Medical Center in Burbank and chief operating officer and associate administrator at Brea Community Hospital.
* Scott Jackson has joined Moss Micro LLC, an Irvine software development company, as vice president of product sales. He was formerly systems sales manager at Microsoft Corp. In addition, Ryan Reid has been appointed product development manager. He served as a principal consultant on the corporate application development team at Moss Micro.
* Craig Johnson has been named director of product marketing for Lantronix, an Irvine provider of computer connectivity products. Johnson joins Lantronix from Xylan, where he was director of worldwide service and support. Prior to that, he was associate vice president of marketing at Retix.