* Courtney Closter has been promoted to...
* Courtney Closter has been promoted to general manager of the Promenade shopping mall in Woodland Hills.
Closter joined the Promenade in June 1995 as director of retail operations. She was previously general manager of a shopping center in Virginia.
The Promenade is owned by WellsPark Group, a Boston-based firm created by the merger of the management operations of the O’Connor Group and New England Development.
* Great Western Financial Corp. in Chatsworth appointed Raymond J. Walsh Jr. as senior vice president and chief credit officer. He will oversee the savings and loan’s loan portfolio.
Walsh formerly worked as executive vice president and chief credit officer for California Federal Bank. He is one of several former banking officials who have been hired by Great Western recently as part of the thrift’s efforts to transform itself into a more bank-like institution.
* Peter Griffith has been elected to the board of directors of Calnetics Corp., a Chatsworth-based manufacturer of various materials for the building industry.
Griffith is managing director of Wedbush Morgan Securities, and he fills the vacancy on Calnetics’ board after the death of Raymond Heller.
* Barry A. Chenes has been appointed manager of strategic accounts for Condor DC Power Supplies in Oxnard. He has more than 25 years experience in domestic and international electronics marketing.
Condor is a subsidiary of SL Industries, a manufacturer of commercial and medical power supplies.
* Donald Bitner, manager of corporate security for Amgen, has been named to the board of directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Simi Valley.
* Gloria Forgea, a registered nurse, has been appointed executive director of the Cancer Center of Ventura County, which recently opened in Oxnard. She had worked at St. John’s Regional Medical Center since 1984, most recently as physician liaison.
The cancer center is a joint program of several physicians and Mercy Healthcare Ventura County.