Volunteers from the American Assn. of Retired Persons and the Internal Revenue Service will assist qualifying seniors with state and federal tax preparation now through April 15.
The service will be offered at several Valley sites to seniors who earn $40,000 or less. Those who qualify must bring federal and state tax forms, W-2 forms, interest and dividend statements, receipts and records for deductions, and a copy of last year’s tax returns.
Many sites offer the service on a first-come, first-served basis. However, appointments are recommended.
The following is a list of times, days and locations where volunteers of the AARP will be available:
* Agoura Hills Recreation Center, 30610 Thousand Oaks Blvd., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through April 15. Information: (818) 597-7361.
* Glendale Adult Recreation Center, 201 E. Colorado Blvd., from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays through April 4. Information: (818) 241-6140.
* Joslyn Adult Center, 1301 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through April 15. Information: (818) 238-5353.
* McCambridge Park, 1515 N. Glenoaks Blvd., Burbank, from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays, through April 10. Information: (818) 238-5365.
* Mission College, 13356 Eldridge Ave., Sylmar, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday through April 12. Information: (818) 364-7705.
* North Valley Jewish Community Center, 16601 Rinaldi St., Granada Hills, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays through April 11. Information: (818) 360-2211.
* Panorama Mall, 8401 Van Nuys Blvd., Panorama City, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through April 15. Information: (818) 891-6518.
* Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills; from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays through April 12. Information: (818) 347-0551.
* Valley Storefront, Jewish Family Service, 12821 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood, Mondays by appointment only, through April 14. Information: (818) 984-1380.