This Week’s Running
Looking for something to do Independence Day before lighting the barbecue grills and bottle rockets? There are several runs scheduled in Orange County for Saturday morning. They include:
* The 94th annual Huntington Beach run. There will be a 5K run for adults and 1-mile and half-mile races for children. All races will start and finish at Huntington Beach High School. Huntington Beach residents’ 5K run/walk begins at 7:30 a.m.; open 5K run/walk starts at 8:10 a.m.; children’s 1-mile run at 9 a.m.; and children’s half-mile at 9:15 a.m. Walk-in registration will be at Sport Chalet, 16242 Beach Blvd., Huntington Beach, until Thursday and Gold’s Gym, 8875 Adams Ave., Huntington Beach, until Friday. Race day registration begins at 6:30 a.m. at Huntington Beach High. Entry fees are $22 for adults, $13 for children 12 and under. Information: (714) 374-1535, ext. 4
* Laguna Niguel’s Run in the Parks. There will be a 10K run, 5K run, 5K fun walk and children’s races. Races begin at the South Coast YMCA, 29831 Crown Valley Pkwy., Laguna Niguel. All registration is at South Coast YMCA. Race day registration begins at 6 a.m; the 10K run starts at 7 a.m.; 5K run and walk start at 8:15 a.m.; and children’s races start at 9:30 a.m. Fees are $22 for runners, $18 for walkers, $12 for children. Information: (714) 495-9622.
* La Palma’s 5K and 10K Run/Walk Celebration. There will be 10K and 5K runs and a 5K walk. Registration begins at 6 a.m.; the race starts at 7:30 a.m. Entry fee is $12. Information: (714) 522-6740.
* Four on the 4th, Lake Forest. Run or walk four miles. The race begins at Serrano Park. Registration begins at 6 a.m. and the race starts at 7:30 a.m. Fees are $20. Information: (714) 858-7386.
* Firecracker 5K/10K Run/Walk. Race begins at Canyon High School in Anaheim Hills. Registration begins at 6 a.m.; the race starts at 7:30 a.m. Fees are $20. Information: (714) 999-3428.