Comarco CEO Gets Chairman Post
* Don M. Bailey, president and chief executive of Comarco Inc., has been named to the additional position of chairman. He succeeds Gerald D. Griffin, who will remain a director. Bailey has been president of Comarco since 1990, and president and chief executive since 1991. Griffin, who joined the board of directors in 1986, became chairman in 1988. Yorba Linda-based Comarco provides wireless-communications products and services.
* Robert B. Stearns has been named executive vice president and chief financial officer of PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. in Santa Ana. Stearns succeeds Wayne Lowell, who will retire at the end of the month. Stearns was previously senior vice president and chief financial officer at Columbia/HCA Healthcare and senior vice president and chief financial officer of the Dial Corp. Before joining Dial, he was president of R.B. Stearns and Co., a New York-based merchant bank. Stearns also held senior investment banking positions at Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers Inc. and Union Bank of Switzerland.
* J.C. MacRae has been appointed vice president and chief financial officer of Advanced Corneal Systems Inc. in Irvine. MacRae was vice president and chief financial officer of Imagyn Medical Inc. and before that vice president and chief financial officer at InnerSpace Medical Inc.
* Paul L. Hammann has been named vice president and senior underwriter for First American Title Insurance Co. in Santa Ana. He had been vice president and associate senior underwriter since 1996.
* Thomas R. Parkinson has been named president and chief operating officer of SRS Labs Inc., a Santa Ana developer and licenser of audio and voice enhancement technologies. He succeeds Stephen V. Sedmak, who becomes vice chairman of the board of directors. Parkinson will assume day-to-day operating duties. He was most recently president and chief operating officer of Digital Video Systems Inc. in Los Gatos. Prior to that, he was president and chief executive of Shape Inc., a manufacturer of VHS and CD audio products. John AuYeung has been named executive vice president of business development. He had been a director of the company since May 1996 and a director of Valence Technology Inc., which was acquired in March. In his new role, AuYeung will manage the integration of Valence into SRS Labs. In addition, Julie Nakata has been appointed controller. She was corporate controller of Steri-Oss Inc., a manufacturer of dental implant systems. Prior to that, Nakata held various positions at AST Research Inc.
* Stephen D. Neese has been appointed executive vice president of sales and marketing at eFunds Corp., a Tustin provider of electronic check conversion services. He joined the company in April. Before that, Neese was an investor and board member while serving as director of sales and marketing at Allied Healthcare Products Inc.
* Mark Perfetti has been appointed national sales manager for Cypress-based Cleveland Golf. Perfetti had been Eastern regional sales manager.
* Karel V. Everaet has been named vice president, European legal affairs and managing director of Santa Ana-based Ingram Micro Inc.'s European Coordination Center. He was formerly senior director, legal affairs and managing director. In addition, Sandra J. May was appointed vice president of sales operations in the U.S. She had been senior director, sales operations and customer service.
* John Ramsey is the new manager of disaster emergency services for the American Red Cross, Orange County chapter. He had been senior disaster specialist for the Bay Area chapter since 1995 and before that was the Alameda chapter manager for two years.
* Pierre A. Narath has joined the board of directors of TouchStone Software Corp. in Huntington Beach. Narath succeeds E. Alain Levi, who resigned last month. Narath founded and is president of Unicore Software Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Award Software International Inc.
* Bonnie Ferris has been named manager of inside sales for Australia-New Zealand Direct Line in Santa Ana. She joined the line in 1993 as an account executive responsible for sales in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. Before that, Ferris was a sales administrator for Nova Tank Container.
* Terry L. Gardy has joined L.L. Knickerbocker Co. Inc. in Lake Forest as vice president and corporate controller. She had been with Deloitte & Touche LLP for 10 years, most recently as senior audit manager for L.L. Knickerbocker, which markets collectibles, jewelry and investments.
* Maurice O. Rosas has been appointed president of Orconet, an Orange-based communications and Internet service provider. Before joining the company, Rosas was president of MOR Consulting in Los Angeles. He was also an officer of the long distance division of Sprint Corp. in San Francisco and spent 25 years with Pacific Bell.
* Bobbie Robinson has been named to the newly created position of corporate director of utilization review for OptimumCare Corp. in Laguna Niguel. She will be the liaison for the company with local, state, county and federal agencies that provide insurance for behavioral health-care services, and will work with major insurance companies. Robinson joined OptimumCare in 1995 as a utilization review coordinator at its programs at Mission Community Hospital in Panorama City. She was named director of nursing for the Mission Community Hospital programs a year later.
* Guy M. Hicks has joined Platinum Software Corp. in Irvine as vice president, marketing communications. He was previously corporate director, executive communications for Northrop Grumman Corp. Before that, Hicks was a staff member on the Appropriations Committee of the House of Representatives.