* Robert H. Philibosian, former Los Angeles County district attorney, has been appointed to a fifth term on the California World Trade Commission.
The 57-year-old Tarzana resident has served since 1990 on the panel, which coordinates the state’s efforts to expand international trade and increase international competitiveness for businesses in the state.
Philibosian, who served as district attorney from 1983 to 1984, also is a member of the Los Angeles County Economy and Efficiency Commission and is a partner in the Los Angeles law firm of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton.
* Kelly Annette Straub has joined IPC Systems Engineering in Ventura as a senior staff engineer. Her duties will include engineering and design of industrial control systems, project management and problem solving.
Previously she was employed as an electrical engineer for Abbott Laboratories, where she worked with high-speed automated manufacturing equipment.
* Linda Dawes of Momentum Advertising in Westlake Village was named Woman Business Owner of the Year by the Ventura County chapter of the National Assn. of Women Business Owners.
* Joyce Tabak, vice president and director of the Bank of America’s National Supplier Diversity Program, accepted the award for Corporate Sponsor of the Year.
* Linda Cameron, a Westlake Village CPA, was named Member of the Year, and Susan L. Holt of Faithful Financial Services was named Trailblazer of the Year.
* Sonia Iturrino has been named general manager at Country Inn Camarillo and Barbara Rodriguez has been named general manager at Quality Inn in Camarillo.
The two hotels are owned by Channel Islands Hotel Properties in Oxnard.
* Attorney Lorraine Hoover Clark, a tax-law specialist and CPA, has joined the Oxnard law firm of Nordman, Cormany, Hair & Compton. A Newbury Park resident, Clark previously was an entrepreneurial services tax consultant with Ernst & Young in Woodland Hills.
She joins the law firm’s tax law, estate planning, probate and trust law groups.
* Attorney Michael G. Walker of Newbury Park, a partner with the law firm of Norman, Dowler, Sawyer, Israel & Hancock in Ventura, has been elected to the board of directors for the Ventura County Trial Lawyers Assn. His civil litigation practice emphasizes business, construction and real estate litigation.