Why can’t leopards play hide-and-seek? Because they always get spotted. (Lauren Peters, 8, Anaheim Hills, Canyon Rim Elementary)
* What did the baby cow call its mother? “Mooooooo-ther.” (Priya Tuvell, 8, Lakewood, Stephen Foster Elementary)
* Why did the man go to the street corner with a piece of toast? He heard there was a traffic jam. (Desiree Quesada, 11, San Bernardino, Del Vallejo School)
* How did the frog feel when it got stuck in the mud? Unhoppy. (Gaby Ross, 6, Los Angeles, Warner Avenue Elementary)
* Who does a horse like best? His neighbor. (Dana Kendall, 7, South Gate, Bryson Elementary)
* Why didn’t the chicken cross the road? Because the light was red. (Chloe Gonzalez, 9, Laguna Hills, Lomarena Elementary)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.