* What do you call a field full of poems? A meadow-phor. (Laura Derr, 8, North Hollywood, Sequoyah School)
* What do you call string that tells good stories? Mark Twine. (David Burris, 9, Calabasas, Chaparral Elementary)
* What do you get if you cross a strawberry with a rock star? A jam session. (Cristal Martinez, 11, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* What kind of bike does a father ride? A Popcycle. (Deon Sa Hawkins, 5, Westwood, Warner Avenue Elementary)
* Knock, knock.
Nathan but trouble.
(Nathan S. Frank, 3, Costa Mesa, Orange Coast Lab Pre-School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.