Rhapsody in Green, a nonprofit conservation organization in Studio City that works to save endangered species and restore natural habitats, needs volunteers. Information: (213) 654-5821.
* The Santa Monica Family YMCA, in conjunction with the United Way, needs volunteer counselors and program staff for its camp June 27 to July 3 in the San Bernardino Mountains for at-risk youths ages 10 to 14. Information: Scott Andrews, (310) 393-2721.
* Jah's World Foundation in Los Angeles needs volunteers to tutor children in fourth through 12th grades in reading. A gas stipend is provided, and a background check is required. Information: (213) 329-8723.
* Cultural Homestay International, which works with high school exchange students from around the world, needs host families to provide food, shelter and support for overseas students starting in late August. Information: Deborah Tomasi, (800) 441-8924.
* A battered women's shelter in Panorama City needs help with crisis-line counseling and court advocacy. Training is provided. Information: (818) 908-5007.
* Project CHLA, a group of young professionals, seeks volunteers to help support Childrens Hospital Los Angeles with fund-raising. Information: Chris Hayes, (818) 703-6995.
* Project Touch in Hermosa Beach needs mature men and women to act as mentors to teenage parents. Information: the Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Young Artists International Inc. needs helpers for its Los Angeles Summer Chamber Music Festival, July 27 to Aug. 7. Winners of international competitions will perform solo and chamber music in five public concerts and private events. Volunteers are needed for media follow-up, ticket sales, ushering and to drive musicians to concerts. Information: (310) 281-3303.
* Information for this column should be submitted typed and double-spaced to Involvement Opportunities, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053.