Pint-Sized Punch Lines
What starts with a P, ends with an E and has a lot of letters in it? Post office. (Richard Bugarin, 10, El Monte, Anne Le Gore School)
* Why is a watermelon filled with water? Because it is planted in the spring. (Joseph Mathieu, 11, Rancho Palos Verdes, Vista Grande Elementary)
* What did one sausage say to the other? “You’re my missing link.” (Hannah DeRemer, 10, Tarzana, Roscomare Road Elementary)
* What has legs but can’t move? A table. (Jeffery Donald Pepin, 10, San Gabriel, Emperor School)
* When are animals mostly outside? When it’s raining cats and dogs. (Odeliah Bouganim, 10, Encino, Roscomare Road School)
* Why do fish have bad breath? They don’t brush their teeth. (Celeste Harden, 6, Northridge, Casa Montessori)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.