* Why don't leopards like to play hide-and-seek? Because they are always spotted. (Sasha Guttentag, 7, Venice, Santa Monica Alternative School House)
* What did one strawberry say to the other strawberry? "If you weren't so fresh, we wouldn't be in this jam." (Allison Sasabe, 10, Los Angeles, Ivanhoe Elementary)
* How do you communicate with an ant? You make small talk. (Dario Smoot, 5, La Can~ada, Foothill Progressive Montessori)
* What do you call a nut that sticks to a wall? A walnut. (Isabella Angel, 8, Los Angeles, Mount Washington Elementary)
* Why did the barber win the race? He knew a shortcut. (Joshua Schwartz, 6, Tarzana, Castlemont School)
* Why did the dog say, "Meow"? He was studying a foreign language. (Max Stallings, 8, Santa Barbara, Notre Dame Catholic School)
SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.