John Johnson has been appointed creative director at Ahlman & Associates in Westlake Village. He will be responsible for developing and supervising the creation of all advertising materials for the marketing and public relations firm.
Before joining Ahlman, Johnson was executive creative director and senior vice president at N.W. Ayer & Partners.
* Employment and labor law specialist Louis A. Cappadona has joined the law firm of Nordman, Cormany, Hair & Compton in Oxnard. His experience includes representing employers before federal and state agencies, as well as in union negotiations and arbitrations.
Cappadona previously served as a field attorney for the National Labor Relations Board and was labor counsel for Litton Industries in Beverly Hills.
* Steven D. Geoffrion of Newbury Park has joined the California Schools Division of Lauterbach & Associates Architects/Planners as a project architect. He is a licensed architect and general contractor.
Lauterbach's Schools Division specializes in designing, remodeling and upgrading educational institutions throughout the state.
* Denise Miller has been hired as a copywriter with Wiley & Associates marketing and advertising agency in Westlake Village.
* Rockwell has named John H. Hong as an Engineer of the Year, the company's highest honor for technical achievement. He is manager of the Microwave and Photonics department at Rockwell's Science Center in Thousand Oaks.
Hong is one of seven engineers Rockwell is recognizing for significant contributions to its businesses in 1997.
* Ed Miller has been named branch manager of the Camarillo branch of Channel Islands Bank, 2510 E. Las Posas Road. He previously worked for World Savings and Premier Federal Credit Union.