* What does the preacher say before dinner? "Lettuce pray." (Shelby Edwards, 4, La Crescenta)
* Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? He had no guts. (Emily Kerzin, 11, Sebastopol, Calif., Pinecrest School)
* What sport makes a lot of noise? Racket-ball. (Gary Gardner, 5, Trabuco Canyon, Angel Preschool)
* What's luckier than finding a penny? Finding a quarter! (Aileen Zhao, 12, Alhambra, Ramona Elementary)
* What do frogs eat? Hopsicles. (Grant Alpert-Waldman, 5, Laguna Hills, Morasha Day School)
* What do you get when you cross a porcupine and a turtle? A slow poke. (Jared Stevens, 7, Sparks, Nev., Katherine Dunn Elementary School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.