Advertisement

Equipment Problem Blamed for Fire

Darkroom equipment that malfunctioned caused a small, backyard shed to go up in flames Thursday morning in the 100 block of Virginia Street, fire officials said.

Three Ventura Fire Department engines, one ladder truck and 14 firefighters responded to the residence at 5:36 a.m.

The blaze was extinguished in less than 10 minutes. No one was injured, but officials estimate there was $2,000 damage to the structure and an additional $2,000 loss in darkroom photography equipment.

Officials speculate that an enlarger in the darkroom overheated causing the structure to ignite.

Advertisement


Advertisement