* The International Barbershop Harmony Convention quartet contest finals take place at the Arrowhead Pond, 2695 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim. 7 tonight. $50. (414) 653-8440, Ext. 8462.
* Tenor John Aler and pianist Martin Katz play music by Bizet, Saint-Saens, Duparc, Faure and Dupont at the UC Irvine Concert Hall, W. Peltason Drive and Mesa Road. 7 tonight. Free, reservations required. (949) 824-1974. Story, F2.
* Bo Diddley, Mike Ness, Reverend Horton Heat, Royal Crown Revue, Dave Alvin, Cadillac Tramps, Lee Rocker, Derailers, James Intveld, Paladins, Hot Rod Lincoln, Russell Scott & His Redhots, Deke Dickerson, Rattled Roosters, Buddy Blue, Bleeders, Hellbound Hayride, Baseboard Heaters and Custom Made Scare play at Hootenanny '99 at Oak Canyon Ranch, 5305 Santiago Canyon Road, Santiago Canyon. 11 a.m. today. $35. (714) 991-2055.
* Missiles of October play at 3 p.m. and Billy Tulsa & the Psycho Crawdads play at 8 p.m. today at the Swallow's Inn, 31786 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano. Free. (949) 493-3188.
* Trans Atlantic, Sundown Cuatro, Juke Joint Jacks and others play at the La Vida Roadhouse, 6105 Carbon Canyon Road, Brea. 8 tonight. $8. (714) 996-0720.
* The Untouchables play at the Tiki Bar, 1700 Placentia Ave., Costa Mesa. 8 tonight. Cover. (949) 548-3533.
* Brother Weasel and the Spurs play at Linda's Doll Hut, 107 S. Adams St., Anaheim. 9 tonight. Cover. (714) 533-1286.
* The Irish Bros. play at Club 369, 1641 N. Placentia Ave., Fullerton. 9 tonight. Cover. (714) 572-1816.
* The Chumps and Still Dreadful play at 13th Floor, 17208 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach. 9 tonight. Cover. (562) 592-5833.
* The James Harman Band, Junior Watson, King Ernest, On the Edge and Blue Moon play at the Red, White & Blues Festival aboard the Pride of Newport, 151 E. Coast Highway, Newport Beach. 3 p.m. today. $25-$30. Also Sunday with a different lineup. (800) 777-4296.
* Little Chris & the Nightcrawlers play at Steamers Cafe, 138 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton. 8 tonight. Two-item minimum and cover. (714) 871-8800.
* Jeff Kashiwa plays at Restaurant Kikuya, 8052 Adams Ave., Huntington Beach. 8:30 tonight. $10 minimum. (714) 536-6665.
* Blowin' Smoke & the Fabulous Smokettes play at the Catch Steakhouse, 1939 S. State College Blvd., Anaheim. 9 tonight. Cover. (714) 634-1829.
* 2000 Lbs. of Blues plays at Brio, 24050 Camino del Avion, Dana Point. 9 tonight. Free. (949) 43-1476.
* Doug Starks performs at the Coach House, 33157 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano. 8 tonight. $8-$10. (949) 496-8930.
* "All-Stars: American Sporting Prints from the Collection of Reba and Dave Williams" opens at the Fullerton Museum Center, 301 N. Pomona Ave. Noon-4 p.m. today. $2-$3. Through Aug. 15. (714) 738-6545.
* "Inside a Long Wave (1975)," an environmental sound installation by Michael Brewster, goes on view at the Orange County Museum of Art, 850 San Clemente Drive, Newport Beach. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. today. $4-$5. Through Jan. 1. (949) 759-1122.
* Knott's Berry Farm presents its annual Revolutionary War Encampment at the park's replica of Independence Hall, 8039 Beach Blvd., Buena Park. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today. Free. Through Monday. (714) 220-5200.
* An Independence Day Family Picnic and Bicycle Parade takes place at Mariner's Park, Dover Drive and Irvine Ave., Newport Beach. 9:30 a.m. today. Free. (949) 644-3151.
--Compiled by Ken Williams