Dallas-based GE Capital Realty Group Inc. purchased four retail centers in San Diego County totaling 420,272 square feet for $44.4 million from San Diego-based Burnham Pacific Properties. The four shopping centers are the 110,865-square-foot Weigand Plaza in Encinitas; the 92,684-square-foot Independence Square in Kearny Mesa; 74,060 square feet of Poway Plaza in Poway; and the 142,663-square-foot Mesa Shopping Center in Mira Mesa. Dixie Walker and Michael Randall of Grubb & Ellis represented the buyer and the seller in the transaction.
* Essex Property Trust, a San Francisco-based investor, acquired the 132-unit Loraine Apartments and the 83-unit Columbus Apartments, at 245 W. Loraine Ave. and 1136 N. Columbus Ave. in Glendale, respectively, from Chicago-based Elkor Realty Corp. for $21.1 million. Sean Deasy and Matthew Lawton of CB Richard Ellis represented both the seller and the buyer.
* NLP Holding Co. purchased a 136,500-square-foot office building at 1935 Buena Vista St. in Burbank for $21 million from Lowe Enterprises. Bob Safai of Madison Partners represented both the buyer and the seller.
* Henderson Investors purchased Rancho Corrales, a 229-unit apartment complex at 643 Country Club Drive in Simi Valley, from Consolidated Apartment Ventures for $20.1 million. Sean Deasy and Craig LaFollette of CB Richard Ellis represented both the seller and the buyer. The transaction was part of a $200-million, 11-property portfolio.
* FF Rosewood of San Diego acquired the 168-unit Rosewood Villas Apartments in Ontario for $10.8 million from U.E. California Six Partnership of Dallas. Robert Hateley of Anchor Realty Group represented the buyer. The seller was represented by Bill Casas of Casas Realty Advisors.
* Danjaq purchased Universal Court, a 72,283-square-foot office building at 4130 Cahuenga Blvd. in North Hollywood for $8.8 million from Universal Court Ltd. The seller was represented by Lynwood Fields and Craig Stevens of Madison Partners. Danjaq represented itself.
* TRC, an environmental engineering company, signed a 10-year, $7.5-million lease for 41,559 square feet of space at 21 Technology in the Irvine Spectrum. Dean A. Krieger of Lee & Associates represented TRC. The landlord, Irvine Co., represented itself.
* Cancilla Properties II acquired a 305,750-square-foot industrial complex on 20.2 acres of land at 2701 S. Harbor Blvd. in Santa Ana for $6.8 million from SPS Technologies. James Harrison and Robert Murray of Charles Dunn Co. represented the seller. The buyer was represented by Biff Smith of Collins Commercial.
* JHR Inc. acquired an 18,000-square-foot retail property occupied by a Rite-Aid drugstore at 1905 Pacific Coast Highway in Oceanside for $4.3 million from Boardwalk Development. Charles Kaplan of Los Angeles-based CJA Corp. represented both sides in the sale.
* UBS Printing purchased a 64,300-square-foot industrial building at 2557 Research Drive in Corona for $3.4 million from Cash Ltd. of Irvine to house its corporate headquarters. Tim Hawke of Grubb & Ellis represented the seller. Scott Read of Grubb & Ellis represented the buyer.
* Commonwealth Energy, a Tustin-based commercial real estate investment firm, signed a five-year, $2.5- million lease on 17,774 square feet of office space at 15991 Red Hill Ave. in Red Hill Business Center in Tustin. Lonnie Riddle of Grubb & Ellis and Alex Hayden, formerly of Grubb & Ellis, represented the tenant. Byrne Miller of Insignia/ESG represented the landlord, Warner Red Hill Associates of New York.
* Nashville-based Music City Optical Media signed a six-year, $2.4-million lease for a 40,000-square-foot West Coast headquarters at 5915 Rodeo Road in West Los Angeles. F. Ronald Rader and Baljit Nadler of Klabin Co. represented New Jersey-based Cytec Fiberite, which subleased the space to Music City. The tenant was represented by Ian Strano of First Property.
* Michael Hammer acquired two office buildings totaling 4,600 square feet at 1323 Ocean Ave. in Santa Monica for $2.1 million from Viken K. Momdjian Associates. Mitchell Stokes of Madison Partners represented the buyer. The seller was represented by Doug Econ of Metrospace.
* Millennium Equities acquired the 73-unit Dicksboro Apartments at 3918 Beverly Blvd. in Los Angeles for $2 million from 3918 Beverly Associates. Daniel Baird and Kitty Wallace of Sperry Van Ness represented the seller. The buyer was represented by Charlie Forrest of McCane & Forrest.
* R&R; Enterprises acquired a 30,000-square-foot office building at 7301 Topanga Canyon Blvd. in Canoga Park for $2 million from Intercoastal Properties. Scott Silverstein of Charles Dunn Co. represented both the buyer and the seller.
* Concentra Health Services Inc. of Addison, Texas, signed a nine-year, $1.6-million lease for 11,752 square feet of office space at 9190 Haven Ave. in Haven Plaza in Rancho Cucamonga. Mano Leventakis and Greg Martin of Grubb & Ellis represented the landlord, Delphinidae/Haven of Irvine. Steve Ehrich of Charles Dunn Co. represented the tenant.
* Engineering firm Mar Vista-CBA acquired a 31,842-square-foot office building at 2191 5th St. in Beacon Hill Plaza in Norco for $1.4 million from Norco-Beacon Partners of Laguna Hills to house its corporate headquarters. Mano Leventakis of Grubb & Ellis represented the buyer and the seller.
* Unapix Entertainment signed a five-year, $1.3-million lease for a new, 14,000-square-foot headquarters at 15910 Ventura Blvd. in Encino. The tenant was represented by Craig Miller of Stone Co. The landlord, Trizec Properties, was represented by Allen Trowbridge of Jones Lang Wooton.
* LP Insurance Inc. bought two free-standing retail properties totaling 8,500 square feet at 720-740 2nd St. in San Bernardino for $1.1 million from KKC Investments. Charles Kaplan of Los Angeles-based CJA Corp. represented both sides.
* All American Manufacturing signed a five-year, $1-million lease for 50,000 square feet of industrial space at 21640 Wilmington Ave. in Carson. Iz Eichenstein of Oakstone Co. represented the landlord, Wilmington's Other Warehouse. The tenant was represented by Don Smith of Lee & Associates.