Ed Brooks has been appointed executive vice president of sales and marketing for Aspeon Solutions Inc., a newly formed subsidiary of Irvine-based Javelin Systems Inc. Brooks previously served as chief information officer for AFC Enterprises Inc. and chief operating officer of AFC's Management Services Corp., a restaurant company that operates more than 3,200 restaurants in the Church's Fried Chicken, Popeye's Fried Chicken & Biscuits, Cinnabon International, Seattle Coffee Co. and Chesapeake Bagel Bakery chains.
* Larry White was appointed vice president of sales for Toshiba America Information Systems' Electronic Imaging division. He was previously vice president of operations and acquisitions for Toshiba's dealer acquisition arm.
* Tony Ranger has been named regional vice president of leasing and marketing for the Irvine Co. He will be based in Los Angeles, with responsibility for the Westwood Gateway office complex. Ranger was previously a vice president and regional leasing director at Fox Plaza for Jones Lang LaSalle.
* Mary Larkins was appointed project manager at R.D. Olson Construction in Irvine. She had been project engineer since 1997.
* Hans Gregory Wood has been named chief operating officer of American Microwave Technology in Anaheim. He will also continue as chief financial officer.
* Steve Humphrey has been named director of property management for Villageway Property Management in Irvine. He had been property manager.
* Anne Belec has been appointed Lincoln Mercury franchise development manager in Irvine. She was formerly portfolio brand strategy development manager at Ford Motor Co.
Vivian Babakanian Frazier has been appointed chief financial officer and corporate secretary of Amdl Inc. in Tustin, a developer of diagnostic test kits for cancer and other diseases. She was previously a consultant to a variety of public and private companies and before that, a senior manager of Ernst & Young LLP.
* Tim Sullivan has been named a principal of the Meyers Group in Irvine, a provider of new home real estate information and consulting services. He had been a senior managing director for two years. Before that, Sullivan was a senior manager with KPMG Peat Marwick's National Real Estate Consulting Group.
* Susan A. Sirota has been named vice president of marketing at Irvine Apartment Communities in Newport Beach. She was previously vice president of marketing at Irvine Apartment Management Co., a joint venture of IAC and Western National Group.
* Jonathan Bogner has been
named vice president of marketing and product development for A Better Way of Learning in Costa Mesa, creator of the Phonics games and other educational products. Before joining the company, Bogner was a marketing and business development consultant for AFAA, a fitness educator.
* Gordon L. Adams has been named vice president, risk management and administration for MBK Real Estate Ltd. in Irvine. Before his new position, Adams was director of risk management. He has also held similar positions at Pacific Enterprises, Tri-Marine International, Occidental Petroleum Corp. Inc. and Global Marine Inc.
* John L. Ware has joined Unique Manufacturing Corp. in Anaheim as director of operations. He was formerly vice president of Latin American operations for the Visioneers, an electronic avionics development company.
* Tanya McElhaney has been re-appointed to a second, one-year term as chairwoman of the South Orange County Chambers of Commerce. She is community relations manager for Leisure World Laguna Woods.
* Jennifer Barone has been appointed account executive at TH&M; Advertising in Tustin. She joined the firm two years ago as an account coordinator and was later named a junior account executive.