Two Camarillo teens were injured, one seriously, when they fell 25 feet from a tree after one of them came into contact with a live high-voltage wire, authorities said.
Jordon Rollins, 15, was in serious but stable condition Tuesday night at St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo, where he was taken after being severely shocked about 5 p.m., authorities said.
Rollins grabbed the wire with his hand, and the electric current ran through his body, said county fire Capt. Tom Law. Authorities said the jolt knocked him from the tree.
The wire is the primary line that feeds power to the neighborhood and may have carried up to 16,000 volts, fire officials said.
Rollins suffered back and neck injuries in the fall, Law said, adding that the boy was unconscious when firefighters arrived.
Rollins' friend, Jason Sordetto, 13, was treated at the hospital for minor cuts and then released to his parents, sheriff's Sgt. Paul Higgason said.
Sordetto did not touch the power line, but authorities said he was shocked by the current because he was sitting close to Rollins.
The boys were playing in a tree in their neighborhood in the 1700 block of West Chapel Way in Camarillo.