* West Hills Hospital & Medical Center will sponsor a seminar on selecting an employee health plan at 8 a.m. todayat the Sportsmen's Lodge, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City. The cost is $35.
For reservations, call (818) 676-4462.
* Professionals in Human Resources Assn. will present a program on innovative recruiting techniques from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today at The Castaway restaurant, 1250 E. Harvard Road, Burbank. The cost is $7 for students, $17 for members and $18 for guests with reservations. Additional charges at the door.
For reservations, call (626) 683-1630.
* Mid-Valley Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking breakfast at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Airtel Plaza Hotel, 7277 Valjean Ave., Van Nuys. The cost is $13 with reservations and $20 at the door. For reservations, call (818) 989-0300.
* The Small Business Administration and the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) will sponsor a workshop on public relations for small-business owners and entrepreneurs, featuring guest speakers Karen Robinson-Jacobs, business columnist for the Los Angeles Times Valley Edition, and Deborah Adamson, business writer for the Daily News of Los Angeles, from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at The Times' Chatsworth campus, 20000 Prairie St.
The cost is $20.
For more information, call SCORE at (818) 552-3206
* Two Property Tax Assessment Seminars sponsored by Los Angeles County will be held at the Glendale Public Library, 222 E. Harvard St.
The first, on how to prepare for a hearing, will be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday and Sept. 14.
The second, covering the assessment appeals process, will be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 24.
Validated parking at Maryland and Harvard streets.
For recorded information, call (213) 974-4240.
* The Premier Business Xchange meets for breakfast at 7:15 a.m. today and every Tuesday at Woodland Hills Country Club, 21150 Dumetz Road. Bring 50 business cards.
For reservations and information, call (818) 552-2120.
* BizNet OnLine magazine holds a networking breakfast from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Denny's restaurant, 9001 Tampa Ave., Northridge. Breakfast and parking are $9 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Reservations can be made online at http://www.biznetonline.com.
For more information, call (818) 892-7883, Ext. 6.
* Toastmasters of Woodland Hills, a group designed to develop speaking and leadership skills, holds free public meetings Tuesdays from noon to 1:15 p.m. at Pacific Lodge, 4900 Serrania Ave., Woodland Hills. Visitors welcome.
For information, call (818) 788-1157.
* Tugnet, a computer-users group network, meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Granada Pavilion, 11128 Balboa Blvd., Granada Hills. Admission for nonmembers is $3.
For information, call (818) 884-9441 or visit the Web site at http://www.tugnet.org.
* The Business Exchange Group meets at 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Marie Callender's, 6633 Fallbrook Ave., West Hills.
For reservations, call (818) 377-5851.
* LeTip of Burbank meets at 7 a.m. Wednesdays at the Holiday Inn, 150 E. Angeleno Ave., Burbank. Visitors should take along 30 business cards.
For reservations and more information, call (818) 295-3778.
* The Calabasas chapter of Ali Lassen's Leads Club meets Wednesdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the Marmalade Cafe, Calabasas Commons, 4783 Commons Way, Calabasas. Breakfast is $8.
For more information, call Marie White at (818) 597-9668.
* The Northridge Chapter of Ali Lassen's Leads Club meets at 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Mimi's Cafe, 19710 Nordhoff St., Northridge.
For more information, call Mary Lou German at (818) 346-6877 or Franchelle Youngers at (800) 767-7337.
* The Woodland Hills Leads Club meets Wednesdays at 7:15 a.m. at Weiler's Deli, 22323 Sherman Way, Canoga Park.
For information, call Gary Rich at (818) 906-7356.
* That New Network, a NAFE affiliated business group for executive women, will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Sportsmen's Lodge, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City. The cost is $32.
For more information, call (818) 995-4215.
* Jewel City 29 Toastmasters, a group to bolster public speaking skills, meets Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Red Cross Building, 1501 S. Brand Blvd., Glendale. Call Linda Cota-Kumagai at (818) 771-7180.
* Burnt Toastmasters, a business communications mentoring group, meets at 7 a.m. Thursdays at Braemar Country Club, 4001 Reseda Blvd., Tarzana.
For more information, call (818) 996-0345.
* Networking Business Alliance meets at 7:15 a.m. every Thursday for breakfast at the Woodland Hills Country Club, 21150 Dumetz Road, Woodland Hills.
For more information, call Earl at (818) 883-4440.
* The Tarzana chapter of Ali Lassen's Leads Club meets Thursdays at 7:15 a.m. at Carrow's restaurant, 18355 Ventura Blvd., Tarzana.
For more information, call Eileen Elliot or Lois Terrazas at (800) 767-7337.
* Let's Do Business, a networking group, meets at 8:15 a.m. Thursdays at Mimi's Cafe, 19710 Nordhoff Place, Northridge.
For more information, call Carlene Gepner at (818) 698-6169.
* The Mid-Valley Chamber of Commerce is selling booth space for the third annual Latino Consumer Expo to be held Aug. 28 at Panorama Mall. Prices start at $350 for business exhibits. Nonprofit booth space is also available.
For more information, call the chamber at (818) 989-0300.
* Mission College is offering a food-handler certification class from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays in the culinary department on campus at 13356 Eldridge Ave., Sylmar. The $100 fee includes the course, book and health certificate application. The course, offered in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean, is accepted by the Los Angeles Department of Health. As of April, all restaurants are required by law to have a certified food handler.
For more information, call Mary Gallegos at (818) 364-7638.
* The Valley Computer Club will meet at 7 p.m. Aug. 10 at the Burbank YMCA, 321 E. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank. Guest fee is $4.
For information, call (818) 768-4916 or e-mail email@example.com or visit the club's Web page at http://www.pacificnet.net/~burvally.
News and announcements for this column can be sent two weeks in advance to the Business Calendar, 20000 Prairie St., Chatsworth 91311, or faxed to (818) 772-3338.