Randall Owen has been hired as vice president of sales by Intelligent Computer Solutions, Chatsworth, the company said. He comes to ICS from Storage Technology Corp., where he was a senior project manager.
ICS designs and manufactures high-speed hard drive software duplication and diagnostic systems.
* Tom Ruzicka has been promoted to senior vice president, production, of Universal Cartoon Studio, Universal City, the company said. He will be responsible for all animation productions for television and direct-to-video. Before joining Universal in 1998, Ruzicka had been with Disney’s television animation division.
* Kenneth K. Jay has been named vice president and chief financial officer of Dole Food Inc., Westlake Village, the company said. Jay had been executive vice president and chief financial officer of Universal’s Consumer Products Group.
Dole produces and markets fresh produce and markets a line of packaged foods.
* Jeff Crawford has been named director, non-theatrical sales, for the Domestic Distribution division of Warner Bros. Pictures. He will be responsible for marketing films to airlines, institutions and the armed forces. Before joining Warner Bros. in 1996, Crawford had worked in sales at New Line Cinema.
* Arnold Taylor has been named president and chief executive officer of Editing Technologies Corp., Burbank, the company said. Taylor had been president and CEO of the U.S. Division of Cintel Ltd. of Great Britain. Taylor succeeds Russ Srole, who founded ETC in 1985.
ETC develops and manufactures editing equipment for television.
* Robert Faulk has been promoted to chief financial officer with ACT Networks Inc., Calabasas. Faulk succeeds Marty Woll, who resigned to pursue personal interests, the company said. Faulk had most recently served as chief financial officer for Spectra Entertainment and Enterprise Solutions Ltd.
ACT Networks develops and manufacture products for the digital information industry.