THE SAFETY ZONE: ACTION LOG
The Times publishes a daily list of police incident reports provided by local law enforcement agencies. The Times prints items as soon as departments make them available. Because many departments release incident reports only weekly, not every community will be represented in each day’s Action Log. Authorities from the following cities released incident reports Thursday:
* East Alder Street: A 17-year-old male was hospitalized because of a left hip injury sustained in a traffic accident in the 400 block at 4:58 p.m. Wednesday.
* Birch Street at Kraemer Boulevard: A 43-year-old female and 17-year-old male from Chino were hospitalized and a Placentia woman suffered facial lacerations in a traffic accident at 6:59 p.m. Wednesday.
* East Birch Street: Vandalism was reported in the 600 block at 7:27 a.m. Wednesday.
* Sea Island Drive: A resident reported seeing a prowler in the 32000 block at 2:45 a.m. Monday. Deputies failed to note anything suspicious.
* Selva Road: A car was reportedly vandalized in the 34000 block at 10:30 a.m. Monday.
* Stonehill Drive: A driver was cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana after being stopped for a traffic violation in the 34000 block at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Dixie Street: Someone grabbed and slapped a woman in the parking lot of her residence in the 17400 block at 4:49 p.m. Wednesday.
* Warner Avenue: Someone threw a golf ball through the window of a dentist’s office in the 11000 block at 4:19 p.m. Wednesday.
* Linden Street: Someone burglarized a home in the 18400 block and stole $3,932 worth of property at 11:21 a.m. Tuesday.
* Associated Road: A petty theft was reported in the 2900 block at 7:38 p.m. Wednesday.
* Brea Boulevard: A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 2700 block at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.
* East Chapman Avenue: Police responded to a report of a transient in the 2400 block at 8 p.m. Wednesday.
* Shelly Drive at Lampson Avenue: Trespassing was reported at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
* Coralwood Lane: A threatening note, an article of clothing and a dead rose were found on a doorstep in the 19300 block at 6:07 p.m. Tuesday.
* Pennington Drive: Someone reported a prowler in his backyard in the 8100 block at 12:56 a.m. Tuesday.
* Springdale Street: Someone forged a check in the 14900 block at 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.
* Forest Avenue: A green Chevrolet Blazer and a blue Toyota Camry were involved in a noninjury accident in the 400 block at 12:20 p.m. Wednesday.
* Sleepy Hollow Lane: A cellular phone valued at $200 was reported stolen from a work site in the 600 block at 1:52 p.m. Tuesday.
* South Coast Highway: Police called medical aid for a woman who passed out at a restaurant in the 1700 block at 9:32 p.m. Wednesday.
* West Chesham Avenue: A petty theft was reported in the 700 block at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday.
* North Euclid Street: A burglary was reported in the 800 block at 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
* West Highlander Avenue: Police responded to a report of vandalism in the 800 block at 11:27 a.m. Tuesday.
* Bradford Avenue at Chapman Avenue: A suspect was cited and released for possession of marijuana at 2:57 p.m. Wednesday.
* Imperial Highway: A grocery store reported a theft of liquor in the 1100 block at 10:02 p.m. Wednesday. Two suspects fled in a blue Dodge.
* West Santa Fe Avenue: Checks were reported taken from a glove compartment of a vehicles at 12:17 p.m. Wednesday.
* Avenida la Cuesta: A window was broken and eggs were thrown at an elementary school in the 100 block at 3:40 p.m. Monday.
* Calle de Industrias: A man was arrested on an outstanding warrant for military desertion after deputies found him sitting in a parked car at 1 a.m. Monday.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
* Alipaz Street at Del Obispo Street: A 32-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol after being stopped for an unrelated vehicle violation near at 9:20 p.m. Monday.
* Ortega Highway: A topaz necklace was reportedly stolen from a woman in the 26000 block at 2:25 p.m. Sunday.
* Flower Street: A report of a petty theft in the 500 block at 4:44 p.m. Wednesday.
* Leafwood Lane: A report of vandalism in the 18200 block at 2:52 p.m. Tuesday.
* Newport Avenue: A petty theft was reported in the 12000 block at 7:53 a.m. Thursday.
* Sycamore Circle: A burglar alarm was triggered in the 10000 block at 3:34 p.m. Wednesday.
* Avenue del Este: A petty theft was reported in the 4500 block at 7:31 a.m. Wednesday.
* Le Mans Circle: A 1983 red Ford Mustang was impounded at 9:14 a.m. Wednesday.
* Lupine Street: An unsuccessful attempt to commit a residence burglary was reported in the 5000 block at 1:31 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities from the following cities did not release incident reports: Anaheim, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Irvine, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Orange, Seal Beach and Westminster.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department makes incident reports available on the Web. Go to https://www.ocsd.org and click on “Sheriff’s Blotter.” Incident reports are updated every few minutes and cover the cities of Dana Point, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Stanton and Villa Park, as well as the county’s unincorporated areas.