Plumber's Torch Started Blaze, Firefighters Say

From Times Staff Reports

Flames and smoke damaged four units of a two-story condominium complex in Laguna Niguel on Thursday after a wall caught fire during a repair, fire officials said.

A plumber was connecting copper tubing inside a wall at 31522 W. Nine Drive when flames from his torch apparently started the blaze, officials said.

"Four units were damaged because they share a common wall," said an Orange County Fire Authority spokesman, who estimated the damage at about $250,000.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
74°