* Musical--Cabrillo Music Theatre will open "The Secret Garden" March 23 at Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza Kavli Theatre, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. The Broadway hit is based on the classic children's book by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Show times: Friday, 8 p.m.; Saturday, 2 and 8 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m. Through April 1. $14-$34. 449-2787.
* Ballet--Channel Islands Ballet will stage "Choreography: Dance Me a Story" at two venues. Ventura College Theater, on Loma Vista Road between Ashwood Avenue and Day Road: March 24, 7:30 p.m.; March 25, 2:30 p.m. Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.: March 31, 7:30 p.m.; April 1, 2:30 p.m. The program will feature works by several choreographers. $20 general; $12 senior citizens, students and children 12 and under. 384-8558. Internet: http://www.CIBallet.com.
* Heritage--The sixth annual Fillmore Spring Rail Festival will be held March 24-25 at downtown Fillmore's Central Park. There will be model railroad exhibits, antique tractors, a barbecue, live music and more. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. both days. Activities at the festival site are free. The Fillmore & Western Railway company will offer train rides for a charge. Proceeds benefit the Santa Clara River Valley Railroad Historical Society. (800) 773-8724.
* Pianists--American Assn. of University Women, Thousand Oaks branch, will host a benefit recital March 25 at 2:30 p.m. featuring pianists Barbara D'Addario and Sofia Cosma at United Methodist Church Westlake Village, 1049 Westlake Blvd. The program will include works by Mozart, Gounod, Strauss, Rachmaninoff and Bizet. $15 general, $10 senior citizens and students. Proceeds benefit the AAUW's Legal Advocacy Fund and Educational Foundation. 553-9992.
* Irish Variety--Noel V. Ginnity's "Dublin's Irish Cabaret" will be staged March 26 at 8 p.m. at Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. The production features a decidedly Irish program of comedy, music, song and dance. $24, $29. 449-2787.