* Talk on "Fabulous Fuchsias," Saturday, 9:30 a.m., at Sherman Gardens, 2647 E. Coast Highway, Corona del Mar, (949) 673-2261. Free.
* Class on shade gardens by expert Kelly Kubica, Saturday, 10 a.m.-noon, at the Arboretum of Los Angeles County, 301 N. Baldwin Ave., Arcadia, (626) 821-3222. $15.
* The winter bulb festival with exotic South African bulbs on display, and bulbs and perennials for sale, Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., at the UC Irvine Arboretum, Campus Drive and Jamboree Road, Irvine, (949) 824-5833. $2.
* The Spring Festival of Flowers begins Saturday and continues through May 13, with plant sales, lectures, demonstrations and walks, at Descanso Gardens, 1418 Descanso Drive, La Canada Flintridge, (818) 952-4401; http://www.descanso.com. $5.
* Your gardening questions will be answered during "Gardening 101: A Day With Professional Gardeners," an all-day event with the Gardener's Federation, Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., at the Japanese American National Museum, 369 E. 1st St., Los Angeles, (213) 625-0414. $25, $20 in advance. Call for reservations.
Hop a plane for San Francisco to see the spectacular Flower & Garden Show, held at the Cow Palace (2600 Geneva Ave.), just minutes from the airport. The show runs for five days, from March 21-25, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m., except for Friday and Saturday, when it is open until 9 p.m. There are 22 big indoor designed gardens in the main auditorium and some 400 commercial exhibitors in other buildings. Admission is $14 in advance, $18 at the door. Show information: (800) 826-9661; http://www.gardenshow.com.
Send garden announcements to Garden Events, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012, at least three weeks before the event date.