Mattress Warehouse Is Destroyed in Blaze
A fire that apparently started in an electrical panel destroyed a mattress warehouse Friday afternoon.
Sparks from the panel ignited nearby mattresses about 4 p.m., and flames swept swiftly through the 8,000-square-foot building at Central Avenue and 134th Street, fire officials said. Firefighters couldn’t quell the blaze, which burned the structure to the ground. No damage estimate was immediately available.
Eight employees in the building escaped unharmed, officials said.