Tour de France
* Stage 19: Saturday’s individual time trial took riders over 34.5 miles of flat roads from Cognac to Angouleme.
* Winner: American rider Levi Leipheimer of the Discovery Channel team won in 1 hour 2 minutes 44 seconds.
* Yellow jersey: Alberto Contador of the Discovery Channel team kept the overall lead, and the 24-year-old Spaniard will probably win the Tour today barring a crash.
* Quote of the day: “I don’t think it’s fair, but if I have to then I’ll take it.” -- Contador, when asked whether he would take a blood test to prove that his DNA is not linked to the Operation Puerto blood-doping case.
* Next stage: Today’s 20th and final stage is a 90.7-mile ride starting from France’s rugby center in Marcoussis and ending on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
*--* STAGE 19 RESULTS 1. Levi Leipheimer, United States 1:02:44 2. Cadel Evans, Australia :51 behind 3. Vladimir Karpets, Russia 1:56 behind 4. Yaroslav Popovych, Ukraine 2:01 behind 5. Alberto Contador, Spain 2:18 behind
*--* OVERALL LEADERS 1. Alberto Contador, Spain 87:09:18 2. Cadel Evans, Australia :23 behind 3. Levi Leipheimer, U.S. :31 behind 4. Carlos Sastre, Spain 7:08 behind 5. Haimar Zubeldia, Spain 8:17 behind