* Atlanta 11, at San Francisco 4: Mike Hampton earned his first victory in nearly three years and hit an RBI double. Hampton, 35, hadn’t won since Aug. 14, 2005, for the Braves against Arizona -- 1,087 days earlier.
* at Chicago 11, Houston 7: Alfonso Soriano hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer in the seventh inning, his 20th of the season, and the Cubs rallied after blowing a five-run lead.
* at New York 6, San Diego 5: Fernando Tatis homered twice and drove in four runs and Scott Schoeneweis retired Brian Giles on his only pitch for the save.
* Florida 8, at Philadelphia 2: Josh Johnson pitched six scoreless innings, Jeremy Hermida drove in four runs and the Marlins closed to within 1 1/2 games of the first-place Phillies in the NL East.
* Milwaukee 8, at Cincinnati 1: Prince Fielder homered and Dave Bush (6-9) gave up three hits in seven innings, retiring 17 consecutive batters at one point.
* at Arizona 3, Pittsburgh 1: It took Brandon Webb only 1 hour 55 minutes to become the first 16-game winner in the majors.
* at Colorado 8, Washington 2: Brad Hawpe’s bases-loaded, two-run single in the eighth inning sparked a six-run rally.
* at St. Louis 6, Dodgers 4 (11 innings): Andruw Jones’ third homer wasn’t enough.