* New York 8, at Baltimore 7: Robinson Cano’s tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning put the Yankees back in front after they’d blown a five-run lead, and they held on to complete a three-game sweep of the Orioles. Mariano Rivera recorded a save in all three games.
* Boston 6, at Toronto 5 (11 innings): Jed Lowrie hit a solo homer in the 11th inning, and the Red Sox won for the 11th time in their last 16 road games.
* at Seattle 8, Oakland 4: Jose Lopez’s three-run homer broke it open in the sixth inning, giving the Mariners a 7-3 lead.
* Cleveland 4, at Texas 3: Franklin Gutierrez’s tiebreaking single in the ninth led the Indians to their season-high seventh straight win.
* at Kansas City 7, Detroit 3: The Royals ended a seven-game losing streak with their third win in 17 games.
* at Chicago 6, Tampa Bay 5 (10 innings): Pinch-hitter Paul Konerko’s two-out run-scoring single tied it in the ninth, and Alexei Ramirez singled home the winning run in the 10th.
* at Angels 5, Minnesota 3: Francisco Rodriguez earned his 50th save, and the Angels rallied for three runs in the eighth inning to split the four-game series.