Each week, the Times takes a look at how UCLA's Kevin Love and USC's O.J. Mayo stack up against the best of the nation's freshman class. This week, Syracuse's Donte Greene returns to the group.
Michael Beasley, Kansas State
* Season stats: 24.9 ppg, 12.3 rpg.
* What he's done lately: Beasley had 25 points and six rebounds in an upset of previously undefeated and No. 2-ranked Kansas. He made nine of 18 shots and all four of his three-point attempts. He had 17 points and 10 rebounds in a loss at Missouri the next game.
* What's ahead: Wednesday vs. Nebraska, Saturday vs. Oklahoma State.
Eric Gordon, Indiana
* Season stats: 21.8 ppg, 48.3 FG%
* What he's done lately: Gordon scored 16 points while playing with a sore wrist in a loss to Wisconsin, then came back with 29 in a victory against Northwestern, making six of 10 three-point baskets.
* What's ahead: Thursday at Illinois, Sunday at Ohio State.
Kevin Love, UCLA
* Season stats: 17.8 ppg, 11.2 rpg
* What he's done lately: Love notched two more double-doubles to reach six consecutive and 13 this season. He had 20 points and 10 rebounds against Arizona State and 26 and 11 against Arizona.
* What's ahead: Thursday at Washington State, Sunday at Washington.
O.J. Mayo, USC
* Season stats: 20.1 ppg, 44.1 FG%
* What he's done lately: Mayo scored 23 points on nine-for-23 shooting in a loss to Arizona and had 20 points in a victory over Arizona State.
* What's ahead: Thursday at Washington, Saturday at Washington State.
Donte Greene, Syracuse
* Season stats: 18.3 ppg, 7.5 rpg
* What he's done lately: Greene had 17 points and seven rebounds in a victory at Villanova, making three of seven three-pointers. He had 14 points and five rebounds in an earlier victory at DePaul.
* What's ahead: Wednesday vs. Connecticut.
-- Robyn Norwood