* The Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index for July.
* Major automakers report U.S. sales for July.
* Commerce Department releases construction spending report for June.
* Quarterly earnings reports expected from Anadarko Petroleum, Centex, Humana, Marathon Oil, MGM Mirage, Molson Coors Brewing, Pulte Homes and Tyson Foods.
* Commerce Department releases personal income and spending report for June.
* National Assn. of Realtors releases pending home sales index for June.
* Quarterly earnings reports expected from Electronic Arts, Archer Daniels Midland, CVS Caremark, DR Horton, Duke Energy, GMAC, Kraft Foods and Whole Foods Market.
* The Institute for Supply Management releases its services sector index for July.
* Commerce Department releases report on factory orders for June.
* Quarterly earnings reports expected from Cisco Systems, Allstate, Marsh & McLennan, Procter & Gamble and Prudential Financial.
* Retailers report sales results.
* Labor Department releases report on weekly jobless claims.
* Freddie Mac releases report on weekly mortgage rates.
* Quarterly earnings reports expected from DirecTV Group, Live Nation, Beazer Homes USA, CBS, Comcast, MBIA, Nasdaq OMX Group, Sirius XM Radio, Thomson Reuters and Wendy's/Arby's Group.
* Labor Department releases employment data for July.
* Federal Reserve releases consumer credit data for June.