Sinead O’Connor has responded to what she calls Arsenio Hall’s “laughable threats” — a $5-million libel lawsuit the comedian filed against her Thursday in Los Angeles.
“I’m more amused than I’ve ever dreamed a person could be and look forward very much to how hilarious it will be watching him trying to prove me wrong,” O’Connor wrote Friday on Facebook, where the post that’s the focus of the libel suit remains up.
In the May 2 message, the Hall lawsuit states, the “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer “maliciously published outlandish defamatory lies” about Hall, “falsely accusing him of supplying illegal ‘hard drugs’ ‘over the decades’ to the recently deceased musical artist, Prince, and of spiking her with drugs years ago” and implying that he’d “somehow been responsible for Prince’s death.”
I’m more amused than I’ve ever dreamed a person could be.
Prince Rogers Nelson was found dead at age 57 at his home, Paisley Park, in Chanhassen, Minn., on April 21. An autopsy has been completed, but the results were still pending as of Friday.
Minnesota’s Carver County Sheriff’s Office reportedly sought DEA assistance on April 28 and announced Wednesday that the U.S. Attorney’s Office and DEA had joined the local investigation to “provide resources and expertise.”
The 49-year-old Irish singer said Friday that she was “happy to notice that the DEA have taken me seriously enough to be thoroughly questioning all of Prince’s friends and aides from the last thirty years.”
“I do not like Arsenio Hall,” O’Connor continued, before concluding her post with a crude insult aimed at the comedian.
Her next Facebook post, which went up an hour later and included the “Nothing Compares 2 U” music video, said, “This is for Prince. RIP. HAPPY 2 KICK ASS 4 U.”
O’Connor has previously said that she and Prince “detested” one another.