Stepfather accuses potential top-10 NFL draft pick Laremy Tunsil of assault
Two days before he might become a first-round NFL draft pick, Laremy Tunsil was sued by his stepfather, who says he was assaulted by the offensive tackle out of Mississippi.
In the lawsuit filed late Tuesday in Lafayette County, Miss., Lindsey Miller said his stepson attacked him in June and defamed his character, calling the actions an “intentional infliction of emotional distress.”
Miller seeks compensatory and punitive damages, as well as any costs associated with the suit because of “past, present, and future bodily injury, pain & suffering, severe emotional distress, medical costs, damage to reputation, and/or other types of damages that he has incurred (and will likely continue to incur).”
Tunsil was projected to go sixth overall to the Baltimore Ravens in The Times’ most recent NFL mock draft. The real draft starts Thursday afternoon.
The suit said the two men had a “heated conversation,” after which Tunsil pushed Miller against a wall, causing him to fall down, then struck him several times with his fist.
Afterward, the suit continued, Tunsil told others that he had been defending his mother against Miller and that story eventually was told on national TV, causing “irreparable damage to Mr. Miller’s reputation, the nature and scope of which will be determined at trial.”
The two men filed domestic violence charges against each other last year. The charges ended up being mutually dropped.