A Topanga compound built in the early 1930s by Oscar-winning film director Frank Lloyd has sold for $3.85 million.
The nine-acre property includes the original main house, a carriage house and a guesthouse. The main house features seven wood-burning fireplaces, a billiards room, a library and a walk-in refrigerator. There are four bedrooms, five bathrooms and about 4,900 square feet of living space.
Lloyd, who died at 74 in 1960, was a founder and president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. In 1929, he was nominated for three Oscars for silent and talking films. A silent feature called “The Divine Lady” won. He also won for “Mutiny on the Bounty” (1935).
The property, which had been listed at $4.3 million, was last on the market in 1955.
Peter York of White House Properties was the listing agent.