Seventeen workers ill after luncheon at El Segundo business
Seventeen workers showed symptoms of food poisoning Wednesday hours after a luncheon at ManTech International in El Segundo, authorities said.
Fire officials took eight of the employees to a hospital with nausea, vomiting and general fatigue, said Capt. Dan Engler with the El Segundo Fire Department. Nine others did not require hospitalization.
The workers started showing symptoms about 3:45 p.m., nearly four hours after the lunch. It’s unclear where the food came from or whether the event was catered.
The company’s office sits at 2101 E. Maple Ave.
The stories shaping California
Get up to speed with our Essential California newsletter, sent six days a week.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.