FBI closes inquiry into Brad Pitt over airplane incident; no charges filed
The FBI announced Tuesday that it had concluded its inquiry into Brad Pitt and his alleged behavior toward his teenage son aboard a private plane bound for Los Angeles.
Laura Eimiller, the FBI’s spokeswoman for its Los Angeles office, issued a brief statement and said no charges were filed.
“The FBI has conducted a review of the circumstances and will not pursue further investigation,” the statement added.
In September, Pitt was mired in controversy after an incident on the plane was examined by the FBI and the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.
A law enforcement source told The Times that the allegation involved a physical altercation between Pitt and his 15-year-old son, Maddox. No punching or hitting was reported.
Los Angeles County social workers spoke with the actor’s family at the time, and the FBI had been included in the investigation because it occurred on an aircraft.
The allegations were publicly revealed shortly after Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in Los Angeles County Superior Court, sparking a custody dispute.
Jolie cited irreconcilable differences in her Sept. 19 divorce filing and requested sole physical custody.
The 52-year-old actor, however, has requested joint legal and physical custody of the couple’s six children, according to a Nov. 4 court filing.
“I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids,” Pitt said in a statement at the time.
The view from Sacramento
For reporting and exclusive analysis from bureau chief John Myers, get our California Politics newsletter.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.