California Democrats are meeting this weekend in Anaheim for the party's annual convention.
Here are some highlights from Saturday.:
- Kamala Harris: "I believe we can disrupt the dysfunction in D.C."
- Rep. Loretta Sanchez invited hundreds of Democrats to afternoon margaritas and mambo. And she demonstrated her freewheeling campaign style.
- Rep. Loretta Sanchez is seen on video making a Native American "war cry." Atty. Gen. Kamala Harris calls it "shocking."
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts got a standing ovation for her keynote address.
- Among Warren's popular quips: "America should not sign trade deals that benefit huge corporations and leave American workers in the dirt." And in reference to the GOP presidential field and nearby Disneyland: "Some of these guys took one too many rides on the tea cups ride across the street."
- Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom told delegates: "We stand one Supreme Court decision away from marriage equality in all 50 states."
- People protesting proposed vaccination mandates in California compare the state to Nazi Germany.
Follow Times staffers' coverage from the Anaheim Convention Center below:Tweets from https://twitter.com/latimes/lists/ca-democratic-convention