Donald Trump: ‘I try to pay as little tax as possible’
Welcome to Trail Guide, your host through the wilds of the 2016 presidential campaign. It’s Sunday, Jan. 24, and here’s what we’re talking about:
- Donald Trump says he disagrees with how the government spends money, so he pays only “a little tax”
- Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are fighting over who would be best-positioned to win the general election
- A tale of two rallies as Clinton and Sanders campaign in a small Iowa town along the Mississippi River
- Trump: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” New York City’s mayor: No thanks.
- Sanders and Trump both say they’d be happy to see Michael Bloomberg in the race
- President Obama says his achievements -- healthcare, Iran and immigration among them -- will be “harder to undo than you think”