It looked bad on paper, the defending NBA champions playing the staggering Lakers. It looked even worse on the court. Here are five takeaways from the Lakers’ 93-80 loss Friday to San Antonio.
1) Kobe Bryant won plenty of games for the Lakers over the years. This was not one of them. Not even close. He missed his first 10 shots and finished one for 14, his worst shooting night ever when taking more than four shots.
2) Carlos Boozer? Whoa. 19 points. Eight rebounds. He showed something.
3) Jordan Hill? Whoa. Took 13 shots. Made only four. He showed something too. That his mid-range touch still needs work.
4) Jordan Clarkson was so-so as one of three Lakers guards who suited up. He had eight points and one assist in 22 minutes. Reminder: He’s only a rookie.
5) There might still be a parade this season. It will be for Nick Young next week. He is supposed to return from a torn thumb ligament and is being hailed as a much-needed infusion on offense. The Lakers were again awful from three-point range, making only two of 12. San Antonio was 10 for 23 from long range.